Are you teaching or showing off?






Here are some questions for you?

When you teach...Are you teaching to show your audience how to do the techniques so they can learn them...or are you just showing them what you know?

Who are the classes for?

If the class is about the student...then practice time IMO should be maximized.  There is always time for a story or a joke to break this up, but when the majority of the time is spent watching what the teacher can do rather than actually teaching the student how to do the techniques...wouldn't you feel that the time has not been used wisely?

Another Kyusho instructor was going to be teaching in a area overseas that I have a lot of students in.  They asked me about should they go?  I said yes.  Since you have access to the Martial Arts Resource Center (http://www.MARC.global), you can see if his style of teaching will work for you.

A friend contacted me to let me know that this instructor would be in the area and he let him know that a group of guys who train in the PinPoint™ Method with me where most likely be coming down.  His reaction was, "Well, I guess I will have to impress them then."

I don't understand this logic.  This is why I started off this blog post with the above questions.  I hope he impresses them with what they will learn...not what he can do.  This is not the purpose of teaching IMO.

Actually...there is no teaching.  There is learning or not learning.  Give the students the tools and guide them along the way.  Be there to answer their questions and help them as much as you can.  To me...a teacher is more like a guide.  We guide others to help them along the way.

No one person knows it all...I guess that is why they have to show off rather than teach :-(

Until next time KO your obstacles by keeping it simple, keeping it safe, and train with PinPoint™ accuracy.

Mark

Mark Kline is a short, bald, professional martial artist from NJ.  He is the architect of the PinPoint™ Method of Pressure Point Education for Martial Arts which is hosted by the Kyusho Institute.  He has thousands students and followers around the globe training in his unique method of learning through a combination of live seminars and online education.  You can can find more information about this unparalleled Kyusho Educational program here, where you can get 30 days free to try it out - http://www.KyushoInstitute.com and he can be reached directly by email - mark.kline@kyushoinstitute.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choices

Is Knowledge Power?

Rocks in your feed bag?