How Many do you need?


Years ago I was reading a martial arts magazine and looking through the advertising section, I noticed an ad for a video series that was using as the main reason to purchase their videos was the 423 techniques that he taught.

I personally have trouble remembering what I had for dinner the night before so I remembered this advert.  Some things just stick out in my mind:-)

 As I was putting together my signature Kyusho Program...the PinPoint™ Method...I was asked to boil it all down and make it as simple as possible for people to learn quickly.

So last week I talked about Kyusho Clutter and I wanted to follow up on that by expanding on how many techniques do you really need?



I was also sent a great testimonial by one of my instructors in the UK which also reminded me of this:

I just wanted to say a few works of thanks to Mark Kline and his online work.  When I first started out I was chasing the new shiny toy (Kyusho Points) thinking that hte more points I knew the better.  I soon realized  that there was to the classes than just the points.  Learning better ways to hit (Force Multiply™) and the best weapons to hit with.  Then of course learning the best way to teach it all.
Having opened a new class teaching this method along with my own style has worked out really well (YKK  Martial Arts).
Thanks again!
Rick Bache, Withernsea, UK
#‎IamKyusho
‪#‎PinPointAccuracy‬
https://hh179.isrefer.com/go/PPCP/Rickbache/

As I was putting together my online program...it had to fulfill several requirements.

1. It had to be able to be learned quickly
2. The information had to be presented in a manner whereby the student could retain and recall the information quickly.
3. It had to be simple and complex at the same time, but not to the point that it would take years to learn or #1 in this list would have been violated immediately.

The complexity is hidden in plain sight in the simple movements.  There is much more going on within all the movements, what we call Force Multiply™, but only the trained eye can see this.  

The ways of teaching in the past where to let the student fail and fail until they either got it or gave up.  Many still teach in this manner.

We as a society think more is better, but I don't agree. 

I studied with Remy Presas for many years and spent the better part of 10 years with him taking him to seminars, helping him with some of his personal things.  I still have some of the contents of the many suitcases he left with me.

Remy preached about seeing the connections...the art within your art and each art was really one...all you had to do was to find the way to see the connections.  This is where his genius was.

Training with him helped me to see these connections, not only in my art, but all arts.

The PinPoint™ Method has proven that with modern technology and a modern approach to education, where the student is first and foremost, one can definitely learn faster and become the go to expert in their area!

So I ask you.....How many techniques do you really need to be good at what you do?  Is the # of the techniques and points, or is it the understanding of the interconnectedness of the techniques that give you an infinite #?  Can you see the connections?

Until next time KO your obstacles by keeping it simple, keeping it safe, and train with PinPoint™ accuracy.

Mark

Mark Kline is a short, bald, professional martial artist from NJ.  He is the architect of the PinPoint™ Method of Pressure Point Education for Martial Arts which is hosted by the Kyusho Institute.  He has thousands students and followers around the globe training in his unique method of learning through a combination of live seminars and online education.  You can can find more information about this unparalleled Kyusho Educational program here, where you can get 30 days free to try it out - http://www.KyushoInstitute.com and he can be reached directly by email - mark.kline@kyushoinstitute.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choices

Is Knowledge Power?

Rocks in your feed bag?