Reboot



     Most electronic products need to be shut down on occasion in order to reset.  This is commonly known as a "Reboot."

     Here is a great article detailing why rebooting your computer works and/or is helpful for solving certain problems.

     How then does rebooting your training work?

     Well, for one, if you cant remember why you started training to begin with, or why you continue...then this can be a problem.  What I mean is that these are questions that we have to ask ourselves in order to "validate" why we continue to train in general, and train with the same group of people.

     Some of us have been involved with martial arts organizations that don't teach things we are interested in...such as Kyusho, but since we have many friends...we continue and supplement our training through seminars, DVDs, and Online programs like mine.

     The "reboot" occurs when we find something like Kyusho or in my case it was when I simultaneously discovered Ryukyu Kempo/Kyusho Jitsu, Arnis, and Small Circle Jujitsu.  Due to my wrestling background I saw the interrelationship between all three arts.

     At the time I was doing Tang Soo Do and I really liked the group I was training with.  It was fun and we were all good friends.  I always had my questions as to "What is this move for?  Why are we doing this Kata?", etc.  What I learned was that even though I felt I had great teachers who were very good at what they did...they did not know everything...so I went looking...as many of us have done.

     I found Kyusho, Arnis and Small Circle Jujitsu.

     It worked for me, especially the entering and trapping of Arnis, combined with the close quarter SCJ and refining the locks with the elements of Kyusho...well...that is why I am here writing to you know.

     My first "reboot" occurred in 1989 the first seminar I went to.  I continue to "reboot" through research, questions from students and colleagues, etc.

     Some people call this their "Aha" moment.

     My questions for you today is, What was your "Reboot?"  What caused it and why?  Have you had more than one?

Until next time KO your obstacles by keeping it simple, keeping it safe, and train with PinPoint™ accuracy.



 









Mark Kline is a short, bald, professional martial artist from NJ.  He is the architect of the PinPoint™ Method of Pressure Point Education for Martial Arts which is hosted by the Kyusho Institute.  He has thousands students and followers around the globe training in his unique method of learning through a combination of live seminars and online education.  You can can find more information about this unparalleled Kyusho Educational program here, where you can get 30 days free to try it outhttp://www.KyushoInstitute.com and he can be reached directly by email - mark.kline@kyushoinstitute.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is Knowledge Power?

Choices

Rocks in your feed bag?