Your Journey


     Most of you reading this are on the same journey as I am...the Martial Arts Journey.

     Some are new to this journey and some of you are seasoned veterans of either the sport of martial arts, the fitness side of martial arts, or the self defense side...or quite possibly all three.

     Regardless of which Path you choose, we are all on this same journey, one of self improvement.

     What is the difference between the Martial Arts Journey and Martial Path?

     The Journey is us striving to be better people.  The Path is what we take to accomplish this.

     I know many people who have stayed the course of their journey over their many years, but their path has changed.

     When I first started I was heavily into the sporting aspect.  Part of the training was self defense oriented, but the Tang Soo Do school I was a part of was mainly sport...even though they did not want to admit it.

     After the best fighter (sport fighter that is) got beaten up by a wrestler and injured his wrist pretty badly, I was asked to teaching people takedowns and how to prevent them due to my many years wrestling.

     This had a lasting impact on me since my perception of the martial arts before I started my training was that this was self defense.  When I started Tang Soo Do (no I am not knocking TSD...it was my first formal entry on this journey) I was under the impression that I was going to be learning self defense.  Since our focus was mainly sport...there was limited self defense, but to be honest...I learned more about protecting myself during my wrestling days than I did when I started on my journey.

     My path changed when I met Mike Solecki and then George Dillman, Wally Jay, and Remy Presas.  Their training took me back to my original perception of what the martial arts was.  The self defense aspects I learned tied directly to the wrestling I spent so many years participating in.

     Our journey remains, even when we stop practicing for a bit.  It's the path that keeps on the journey is what changes.

     My question for you today is, What do you see as your journey and what paths have you taken along the way?

Until next time KO your obstacles by keeping it simple, keeping it safe, and train with PinPoint™ accuracy.



 









Mark Kline is a short, bald, professional martial artist from NJ.  He is the architect of the PinPoint™ Method of Pressure Point Education for Martial Arts which is hosted by the Kyusho Institute.  He has thousands students and followers around the globe training in his unique method of learning through a combination of live seminars and online education.  You can can find more information about this unparalleled Kyusho Educational program here, where you can get 30 days free to try it outhttp://www.KyushoInstitute.com and he can be reached directly by email - mark.kline@kyushoinstitute.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choices

Is Knowledge Power?

Rocks in your feed bag?