What is your North Star?


Here is a question that many of you may have been asked at one time or another about your training.

What is the end goal?

We all started for one reason or another and for one reason or another kept on training.  It almost feels strange not to be training...right?  Sort of like leaving the house without your phone, your training has become a part of your identity.

So for me, the end goal is to keep improving in some way until my demise, whether that be natural or otherwise:-)

What is your answer to that question?

Some of you have gone from training for training sake to training to help others in their training.  Some of us just fell into it because either our instructor was short handed, sick, or whatever.

For me...I was asked to help others when I was an orange belt (I really don't know why I was asked...could have been the "whatever" answer above) and at first...I HATED IT!  I thought it was taking away from my own training.  I have to say that this was possibly the greatest gift that my instructor gave to me...the change to help others...which in turn allowed me to help myself.

You truly understand something when you can take what is inside your head, regurgitate in such a manner as to teach someone else how to do the movements.

So now, if you are or have thoughts of becoming a professional teacher...What is your North Star?

What is your guiding philosophy and strategy that will help you excel in your chosen profession?

Many of you know that I launched the Kyusho Institute in July of 2015 (http://www.kyushoinstitute.com).  I did not just wake up one day and decide to start an online education company.  I spent almost 2 years strategizing with professionals from LionShare Partners on how to best go about this.  Yeah...this was a lot of fun!  It ended up in a lot of fights because I truly did not understand what the hell they were talking about at times.

Well, I am please and proud to say that I would not have been able to get to the point of launching anything unless I took those first painful steps.

Most people keep throwing things against the wall to see what will stick with absolutely no strategy at all and even though you may have a great idea...without understanding what your North Star is and using this understanding to stay on course...your great idea may never see the light of day or have the legs to make it without a great strategy behind it.

Until next time KO your obstacles by keeping it simple, keeping it safe, and train with PinPoint™ accuracy.

Mark

Mark Kline is a short, bald, professional martial artist from NJ.  He is the architect of the PinPoint™ Method of Pressure Point Education for Martial Arts which is hosted by the Kyusho Institute.  He has thousands students and followers around the globe training in his unique method of learning through a combination of live seminars and online education.  You can can find more information about this unparalleled Kyusho Educational program here - http://www.KyushoInstitute.com and he can be reached directly by email - mark.kline@kyushoinstitute.com




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choices

Is Knowledge Power?

Rocks in your feed bag?