The Voice...Part 2



In Part 1 we spoke about Sustainability and Charisma.

Let's now move forward...

Marketability

Even if you are great at marketing and you are marketing crap...it is still crap and it is unethical. 

In order to really be an effective teacher one must have something called E(3) or E cubed.

- Education - actually be able to teach something new and unique, not just copying someone else
- Entertainment - do so in a manner that entertains
- Emotion - elicit emotions from the students with more than techniques, but voice inflexion, body movement, etc.

If someone can do all three, then they have some of the necessary skills to gain a good following around the world.

E cubed alone is not sustainable and sometimes you also need good marketing skills and there are some great marketers out there that are selling repackaged stuff of someone else's skills....beware of this.

They lack the skills to develop their own unique method, so they just change the message due to their good marketing skills, but soon get found out for selling repackaged, poor representations of someone else, which IMO is not ethical.

The New Voice of Kyusho

I did not set out to become the Voice of Kyusho, but this is what has happened.  Due to the superior development of the platform I have created (the Kyusho Institute / the PinPoint™ Method) to disseminate the Quick and Easy learning of Kyusho and related training, we have become the defacto Voice of Kyusho.

How this came about

For 15 years I trained with George Dillman, Wally Jay, and Remy Presas.  They were all very good teachers.  I learned different things, not just martial arts, from each one of them and ultimately developed my own voice and methodology over the years.

Ultimately I was the first person in the world to have earned individual Black Belts in Ryukyu Kempo, Small Circle Jujitsu, and Modern Arnis.  This was never about rank...I just like how all three arts blended together.

I used to attend camps with them all over the world.  I was an attendee and asked to demonstrate or teach for a bit at almost every seminar.  People would come up to me afterwards because my skill set was to be fluent in the arts of all three (Dillman, Jay, Presas), and they would ask if I had videos (back when VHS was the standard, before DVD and streaming video).

I did have videos for the students in my school and soon I was shipping these all over the world.  I remember the first internet sale I received.  It was pretty cool.  I also realized that I did not want to be "one and done" and started developing more and more videos, then DVDs, and now a platform that has Streaming and Downloadable content.

To date there are 276 Classes online to learn from since the PinPoint™ Method is a Strategic and Tactical Pressure Point Methodology.  Easy to Learn.  Quick to Implement.  Premium members have access to much more on top of these classes including KyushoCast™ Live Broadcasts, the Kata Survival Guide (for those interested in Kata), PinPoint™ Principles, and much more!

What makes me qualified as the Voice of Kyusho?

1. Sustainability in the market place - I have been teaching at my school for 27 years now and have been conducting seminars all over the world since 1996 and continue to do both.

2. Superior Content - From VHS to DVD to Online Streaming / Downloadable videos, I have continued to create and innovate how to teach in a manner which is easier to learn (regardless of language) and through a variety of means, always taking into account the experience the end user will have.  Through the Kyusho Institute and the PinPoint™ Method, we regularly reach over 20,000
per month though free programs, communications and paid subscribers.

3. Marketing - I try to keep it fun & somewhat amusing...even if I make an ass out of myself at times:-)  You have to keep it interesting or else don't bother.

4. Moving the Ball Forward - Keeping focused on the path I have created and looking at how I can improve the content and quality of what I provide.  Without this...there is no sustainability no matter how good a marketer you are.

5. Training my Replacements - I am fully invested in teaching people to carry the torch when I am gone or can no longer teach.  I want to help people find their voice and innovate for themselves.  This has been part of my strategy from day one!

My questions for you today are, Where do you want to take your training to?  What level?  How are you going to achieve this?

Until next time KO your obstacles by keeping it simple, keeping it safe, and train with PinPoint™ accuracy.



 









Mark Kline is a short, bald, professional martial artist from NJ.  He is the architect of the PinPoint™ Method of Pressure Point Education for Martial Arts which is hosted by the Kyusho Institute.  He has thousands students and followers around the globe training in his unique method of learning through a combination of live seminars and online education.  You can can find more information about this unparalleled Kyusho Educational program here, where you can get 30 days free to try it outhttp://www.KyushoInstitute.com and he can be reached directly by email - mark.kline@kyushoinstitute.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choices

Is Knowledge Power?

Rocks in your feed bag?