Information overload


The other day someone was attempting to teach me a new skill (non martial arts related), but 
definitely one that requires a great deal of focus.

He did a great job of explaining the basics of this and it was pretty cool to get a basic understanding on how to do this.

Now when I say basic...that's all I was looking for initially because I know my learning style.  As he got excited about what we were talking about he went into more about this skill...and I was lost.  Not because of how he was explaining...but because my mind was focused on the basic parts and my mind was full.

Like I said..I know my learning style.  I had to let the info seep into my head for a few days and then practice this...then I am sure questions will arise and then I expand on this new skill.

So when learning Kyusho for example, is it better to have everything thrown at you at once or in a stepped manner?

Some people can pick through everything and connect the dots...some like myself have trouble with too much information...at least initially.

Things I have studied for 10 years..well this is different.  I can see all the dots and how they connect as if I was looking down on this from the 50,000 ft level.

My goal with everything I teach is for all who follow this method (the PinPoint™ Method) to learn it quickly and to implement it with ease.

IMO..this is only done if the information is learned in a step by step manner rather than everything thrown at you at once.  I have been through the latter method and it only slowed down the learning for me tremendously.  Once I slowed it down and reorganized the material...I was able to absorb and assimilate the information much more quickly.

I like to use the example of eating.  Lets say we sit down to a meal of our favorite dish...regardless of what it is...we can only eat it one bite at a time.  We can attempt to jam as much in our mouth as we can...especially when we are hungry and this will only lead to digestive issues...it is still only one bite at a time...just larger bites.

So my question for you today is...Do you feel it is better to get everything thrown at you at once and basically be left to figure it out on your own, or in a step by step systematic manner?  There is no wrong answer as we all learn differently.  My goal is to increase the speed at which you learn so you can spend more time on perfecting techniques rather than bogged down with learning them.

Until next time KO your obstacles by keeping it simple, keeping it safe, and train with PinPoint™ accuracy.











Mark Kline is a short, bald, professional martial artist from NJ.  He is the architect of the PinPoint™ Method of Pressure Point Education for Martial Arts which is hosted by the Kyusho Institute.  He has thousands students and followers around the globe training in his unique method of learning through a combination of live seminars and online education.  You can can find more information about this unparalleled Kyusho Educational program here, where you can get 30 days free to try it out - http://www.KyushoInstitute.com and he can be reached directly by email - mark.kline@kyushoinstitute.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choices

Is Knowledge Power?

Rocks in your feed bag?