And this Ladies and Gentleman is...

a load of C.R.A.P. - Concealed Representation of Attack Points :-)

There is a time and place for the theoretical practice within all martial arts.  The true test is...can you pull it off in a real fight?

The theories work great if you are a healer (acupuncturist or massage therapist) and your client is not trying to fight back.

I admit it!  There have been times when getting a massage I have tapped out!  I was in Australia getting a Thai massage and this woman threw me all over the place like I was a rag doll!

I'm not sure I could have taken her if I decided to fight back :-)...When she asked how I wanted my massage...I said strong.  She said, "OK...I am locked and loaded."  I should have run at that point!!

Seriously now...I was a willing participant and let her take control because the only way to truly get the benefit of the treatment...is to relax.

This is not the same when someone is trying to take your head off.  The first thing going trough my mind is to get myself out the way and at the same time position myself in such a way that I can decide (quickly) what points are the most available with the weapons that will best do the job.

I had talked about this in an earlier blog post.

The Traditional Chinese Medical (TCM) theories like the Cycle of Destruction, more specifically Fire melts Metal is a nice thing to discuss when sitting around and when practicing in a manner when you know what the attack is.

I'm sorry, but this is not going to help you when you are not ready for the attack and the person attacking in intent on harming you or your loved ones.

The first thing that goes through my head is to get out of harm's way and put myself in a position to counter...if necessary...NOT Fire melts Metal!

The goal, through my training and that which I have imparted to thousands of people around the world over the last 25 years, is to "Train the drill so that you forget the drill and just respond."

This is what I call...the PinPoint™ Method.



Like I said...there IS a time and place for theories...the time is NOW to train the brain to react.

So my question for you today is...Are you training to increase your skills or to just have a few cool techniques to show off to your friends and students?

Until next time KO your obstacles by keeping it simple, keeping it safe, and train with PinPoint™ accuracy.











Mark Kline is a short, bald, professional martial artist from NJ.  He is the architect of the PinPoint™ Method of Pressure Point Education for Martial Arts which is hosted by the Kyusho Institute.  He has thousands students and followers around the globe training in his unique method of learning through a combination of live seminars and online education.  You can can find more information about this unparalleled Kyusho Educational program here, where you can get 30 days free to try it out - http://www.KyushoInstitute.com and he can be reached directly by email - mark.kline@kyushoinstitute.com



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choices

Is Knowledge Power?

Rocks in your feed bag?