House of Cards



     The foundation of any art is extremely important, especially something like Kyusho Jitsu (Pressure Point Fighting) where there is much more going on than meets the eye.

     The problem that I have encountered since 1991, when I first encountered Kyusho was that this seemed difficult to learn and through the study group I was in, not many of the higher ranked martial artists could really do the techniques...IN SLOW MOTION, without the threat of their partner trying to take their head off.

     These guys were very good at the sporting aspect that they learned through their Tae Kwon Do training so they had some great ideas on strategy, when it came to martial sport.  I remember that feeling I would get in the pit of my stomach that they were no better off than me with regards to Kyusho applications (when I first started this part of my journey).  They were great with regards to the theories and I have talked about this in past blogs. When I started seeing the intellectual disconnect between the theoretical and the practical, I listened to my gut, put down the books and trained constantly, getting hands on with anyone who would let me.

     Many times after coming home from classes or seminars my mother would say, "Stay away from your brother."  She knew I was hungry to practice!

     The foundation I built through good quality hands on training was really important!  Looking back, THIS IS EXACTLY what was needed for me to learn.  It took longer because we had to figure out many things on our own.

     When I was challenged by my strategy team to figure out what I was doing and to streamline the process without giving up quality, I'll be honest...my butt cheeks were so clenched I almost pulled a muscle (How's that for a visual!)

     Well...we did it and launched the PinPoint™ Metho, my signature Kyusho Program where you can train online, or in person with me through classes and seminars...or both online and seminars...your choice.

     Most arts teach very strong foundational techniques but what is missing are the principles that make learning easier and faster to use.  One you have the foundational principles installed in your head...the body will follow.  This makes practice more fun and you can start to go faster and faster with more precision without people getting hurt (very important).

     So my question for you today is, Does your Style have a strong foundation for striking and grappling that continues to build on itself is is your style made up of a hodge podge of things to do so that students don't get bored?

Until next time KO your obstacles by keeping it simple, keeping it safe, and train with PinPoint™ accuracy.



 









Mark Kline is a short, bald, professional martial artist from NJ.  He is the architect of the PinPoint™ Method of Pressure Point Education for Martial Arts which is hosted by the Kyusho Institute.  He has thousands students and followers around the globe training in his unique method of learning through a combination of live seminars and online education.  You can can find more information about this unparalleled Kyusho Educational program here, where you can get 30 days free to try it out - http://www.KyushoInstitute.com and he can be reached directly by email - mark.kline@kyushoinstitute.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choices

Is Knowledge Power?

Rocks in your feed bag?