Martial Stupidity


So you train diligently for years and years.

One day your skills are needed to protect either yourself or your loved ones.

At your funeral a few days later people speak of your character and what a nice person you were and how you will be sorely missed by your friends and family.

in 1997 I was at the Jujitsu American Convention in Boston.  There was a high ranking martial artist there speaking about how a colleague of his had died while trying to stop a person with a knife.

When the coroner did the autopsy, they found 27 slashes on his legs and the 28th...if I remember correctly was in the stomach.  He may have bled out from the leg wounds, but the knife to the stomach hastened his passing.

So where did the wounds on his legs come from?

Well...I am glad you asked!

He was taught to kick the knife out of his opponent's hand and did exactly what he was taught and practiced in a controlled environment...by someone NOT trying to really kill him.

I remember when I was younger this was something that I was taught and I questioned it right away.  I got in trouble for questioning it and after I did my pushups...I questioned it again.  I am sure I did more pushups than anyone in the class because I was always asking questions:-)

So what does this have to do with Kyusho?

I am glad you asked this as well!!

There are many out there teaching things that are going to get someone killed and those teaching this will have blood on their hands.  The title of this blog post was not only intended for those not questioning what they are being taught...but towards those also propagating this BS...and no...I am not talking about Basic Skills.

So if you want to teach someone all the cool things such as:

- the color you should be thinking of while you strike a certain part of the body
- how much chi you should be "throwing" into your technique(s)
- the proper alignment the sun, the moon, and the stars have on your technique(s)
and my favorite
- the quantity and quality of lint in your naval

please do so and also, please let people know that these things are for controlled demonstrations and is not designed to make you a martial arts master.  The disclaimer will go a long way in not making everyone in the martial arts industry look like fools.

The question I have for you today is, who out there is pushing these things on the public and what is their motive for doing so?  They may actually believe what they write about themselves.

In the words of the most interesting man in the world from the Dos Equis commericals..."Stay smart my friends!"

Until next time KO your obstacles by keeping it simple, keeping it safe, and train with PinPoint™ accuracy.






 






Mark Kline is a short, bald, professional martial artist from NJ.  He is the architect of the PinPoint™ Method of Pressure Point Education for Martial Arts which is hosted by the Kyusho Institute.  He has thousands students and followers around the globe training in his unique method of learning through a combination of live seminars and online education.  You can can find more information about this unparalleled Kyusho Educational program here, where you can get 30 days free to try it out - http://www.KyushoInstitute.com and he can be reached directly by email - mark.kline@kyushoinstitute.com





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choices

Is Knowledge Power?

Rocks in your feed bag?