A Dime a Dozen


When I opened my school 25 years ago, there were two truths.  1. I had a full head of hair. 2 There were not many martial arts schools in the area.

There have been some who have tried over the years to get established, but like the wind...they were shortly gone.

There was a martial arts pioneer in my area who just through my presence, I helped to put him out of business.  I was not concerned with him and I would have rather he stayed in business because any advertising he did was helping me.  He was raising awareness, but due to his attitude...now that
people had another choice...they were not choosing him.

About 20 years ago my mother had given me a book called the E-Myth by Michael Gerber.  The E stands for Entrepreneurial.  His description...and I am paraphrasing here, "When a technician (employee) suffers from and Entrepreneurial Seizure and think he can do it better...he opens his own shop."

Martial artists are the same.  I was like that as well.  I started to realize that working together was much more important that fighting against each other.

My goal has always been to try and get as many people working together and to create win win situations for everyone.

So...with all these schools out there...what is different?  Does it matter if what the style is?  Especially if you only teach children?  If you only teach Adults? or Teach both, but do you teach them the same?

For kids...I have found that the style is irrelevant.  What is more important is how you train the kids to learn and retain info at a better, faster rate.

For Adults...I have found that the style is irrelevant if someone just wants a workout and could not care less about self defense (my focus is SD so my target market is different here).  If they want self defense...then the style is still irrelevant as long as they are learning things that can save their Ass when it counts and they do not get caught up with things that will only impair the learning process (Sounds, Colors, Chi, etc.).  While these things can have some benefits down the road (see last weeks blog ooooh look..something shiny), they can be distractions from actual training to stop someone from taking your head off.

Today we have the same thing going on in the digital world.  Online programs are a dime a dozen.

When I started the Kyusho Institute and began offering to teach others how I actually train and learn...the PinPoint™ Method...there was really no one teaching Kyusho online.  Now what you have is people just putting their old videos online in a disjointed manner.

I started like this with videos I had produced years ago and it was ok at first, but their was no real strategy.  This is why most businesses fail...NO STRATEGY.  They just keep throwing things against the wall to see what sticks.  This actually is a strategy, but not a great one.

So if you want to be included in the dime a dozen group which basically parrots what others have said without even changing the verbiage, presentation, etc...that is fine.  Just remember...you may be a great martial artist and if you do not have a strategy to differentiate yourself...then honestly...your using a strategy of no strategy.

So my question for you today is...What is your strategy?  Do you have one?  If not...what are you going to do about finding one that will help you stand out?

Until next time KO your obstacles by keeping it simple, keeping it safe, and train with PinPoint™ accuracy.






 






Mark Kline is a short, bald, professional martial artist from NJ.  He is the architect of the PinPoint™ Method of Pressure Point Education for Martial Arts which is hosted by the Kyusho Institute.  He has thousands students and followers around the globe training in his unique method of learning through a combination of live seminars and online education.  You can can find more information about this unparalleled Kyusho Educational program here, where you can get 30 days free to try it out - http://www.KyushoInstitute.com and he can be reached directly by email - mark.kline@kyushoinstitute.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choices

Is Knowledge Power?

Rocks in your feed bag?