Choices



We make choices each and every day in every thing we do.

Think about it for a second...

Just the fact that you may or may not have stopped to thin about it...was a choice.

You also made a choice to read this blog now, push it off until later, or scroll right on by and not read it at all.  All of these are choices.

Choices are basically questions we ask ourselves.  For example..."What should I have for breakfast?  Should I cook something or just pick something up on the way to work?"  

Every second of every day we make choices for everything...even whether or not we finish reading this blog.  Hell!  Just me making the decision to write on this topic...was a choice.

So lets look at how choices affect our decision making with regards to self defense situations.  

The first choice happens before the altercation even starts...I mean waaaay before and this is with regards to training.  

Giving someone too many options can ultimately cause them to freeze up during an altercation and the end result can work out NOT to your advantage.

We have a mantra at the Kyusho Institute..."Learn the drill to forget the drill...unless of course you are teaching the drill to someone else, where they can then forget it."

Years ago, when I was first learning, I started to realize that there were so many people fixated on the execution of the drill, they could not do the technique in a spontaneous manner.

When I am teaching Kata, for example, and someone asks me about a certain movement or sequence, I sometimes have to go through the kata from the start so I can have the proper mindset...with regards to the execution of the movements and their sequence.  As far as the self defense applications...for me, all of that is spontaneous.

When I see people teaching all these Traditional Chinese Medical (TCM) theories with regards to martial arts applications such a Color, Sound, etc...I feel that they are being bombarded with BS choices and not allowed to learn how to do these movements without thinking...while in motion...in a spontaneous manner.


I have seen this happen all over the world...and I notice it because I too was a victim of this type of training.  People freeze up even when training and cannot get into a good groove where they can focus on actually training the intent...which will help them own the technique faster and with more reliability if they ever need to use it.

This is a key component to how I train personally and how I teach people through my personal methodology called The PinPoint™ Method.  I want people to install this methodology of attacking the weak, vulnerable areas of the body without have to think.  When someone can do this...they own the technique/material.

My question for you today is, Do you feel that this extra stuff helps or hinders the speed at which one can learn Kyusho?
 
Until next time KO your obstacles by keeping it simple, keeping it safe, and train with PinPoint™ accuracy.



 









Mark Kline is a short, bald, professional martial artist from NJ.  He is the architect of the PinPoint™ Method of Pressure Point Education for Martial Arts which is hosted by the Kyusho Institute.  He has thousands students and followers around the globe training in his unique method of learning through a combination of live seminars and online education.  You can can find more information about this unparalleled Kyusho Educational program here, where you can get 30 days free to try it outhttp://www.KyushoInstitute.com and he can be reached directly by email - mark.kline@kyushoinstitute.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is Knowledge Power?

Rocks in your feed bag?