I don't care how many....



I don't care how many points you know.  I really don't.

There are some great martial talkers out there who can amaze you with their knowledge of the body, the points, the names, the colors, the sounds, and which wine goes best with each technique.

There are some great martial artists out there that can make just about anything work...and have not much of a clue as to why.

Then there are those martial arts INSTRUCTORS who can not only teach you the physical, but the other aspects as well....now when I say the other aspects...I am only including things that can be used in a real confrontation.  For those who wish to talk about the colors and the time of day, etc....just move on as you do not have time to figure out which phase the moon is in while attempting to stop someone from taking your head off.

So again...back to the start of this post.

You can know a ton of things...and not be able to do anything with them.

When I started...there was a group of guys who could tell you every acupuncture theory under the sun.  I was amazed.  They really motivated me...until I realized that the reason they focused so much on this aspect was because their physical self defense skills were really bad...and they were 3rd dan and above.  They were good at sparring...but that was it.

I realized that in order to really understand the movements, I had to experience them, practice them over and over again with people such as Wally Jay and Remy Presas.  I was their demo partner on so many occasions in so many places.

I am not saying that the study of the didactic material is not important.  I am saying that in order to be able to do these techniques...understanding the amount of lint in your naval is irrelevant.

YOU MUST MOVE in order to build the Neural pathways to install this into your very being!

Knowledge is not power.  It is potential power.  If you don't learn to use it...you do lose it.

My question for you today is...what kind of martial artist do you want to be?  One who can only spout out theories and names of "stuff", or one who can truly inspire people through their words AND actions?

Until next time KO your obstacles by keeping it simple, keeping it safe, and train with PinPoint™ accuracy.






 






Mark Kline is a short, bald, professional martial artist from NJ.  He is the architect of the PinPoint™ Method of Pressure Point Education for Martial Arts which is hosted by the Kyusho Institute.  He has thousands students and followers around the globe training in his unique method of learning through a combination of live seminars and online education.  You can can find more information about this unparalleled Kyusho Educational program here, where you can get 30 days free to try it out - http://www.KyushoInstitute.com and he can be reached directly by email - mark.kline@kyushoinstitute.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is Knowledge Power?

Choices

Rocks in your feed bag?