Positioning

When we talk about positioning, we need to look at several factors involved.

There are several elements such as:



- Where you are in relation to your apartment
- How fast your opponent is coming at you
- How fast you react to your opponents attack
- What you're wearing
- How you are standing, etc. 

There are ideal situations and that's one thing we do train. We also have to take into account what happens if the situation all of a sudden changed which would be called a snafu.



The goal of my training, my personal training and how I instruct others is to become aware of where you are your surroundings etc. during the confrontation.

But rather than teach ABC techniques, we are teaching people how to respond after the initial defense.

So what I mean is the right hand comes at you and you successfully parry the movement, and now that I have successfully parried my opponent's initial attack,  I will be putting my body in a position that give me many options to end this confrontation as quickly as possible.

So I'm more concerned with the initial response because I'm not quite sure where my opponent is going to be because of the many variables I stated above I need to be able to understand what my options are and quickly go to them to get out of a situation as fast possible.

For me it is the recognition of when to move where when does strike way is what's important. How to move your body to put you in the best possible tactical advantage. 

There are times that the answer to the situation is get the hell out of there and do some quickly. 

There are other times you have to stand and fight. 

The goal is to put yourself in the best possible position so that both of these options are available to you depending on the situation.

So my question for you today is...What is your idea or ideas on positioning?

Until next time KO your obstacles by keeping it simple, keeping it safe, and train with PinPoint™ accuracy.











Mark Kline is a short, bald, professional martial artist from NJ.  He is the architect of the PinPoint™ Method of Pressure Point Education for Martial Arts which is hosted by the Kyusho Institute.  He has thousands students and followers around the globe training in his unique method of learning through a combination of live seminars and online education.  You can can find more information about this unparalleled Kyusho Educational program here, where you can get 30 days free to try it out - http://www.KyushoInstitute.com and he can be reached directly by email - mark.kline@kyushoinstitute.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choices

Is Knowledge Power?

Rocks in your feed bag?